Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Value of More

If you've read my complete profile, you've discovered that I am in a rather unusual relationship.  One defined as polyamorous fidelity, or poly-fidelity.  Urban Dictionary defines this term as 'a relationship structure of 3 or more individuals who have no sexual or loving connections outside the group'.  In other words, I am faithful and committed to my poly relationship.

It's been close to three years, and challenging at times, but it's also unequivocally the single most dynamic and rewarding commitment I've ever made.  I would choose this lifestyle, this family, again and again, over a more traditional relationship.

It means having not one, but two best friends, Charles and Marie, who share constructive criticism and positive feedback from both a male and female perspective.  They know and understand me, hold me accountable for my actions, and unconditionally and selflessly support my individual growth. We have all benefited by having the extra pair of eyes and the additional shared insight we give to each other.


It means being part of a team.  We work together regarding household duties, finances, relationships and parenting.  It means not having to be alone. Someone is usually awake at our house and willing to engage in conversation, go to a movie, or simply hang out with.  Our place is rarely quiet, and stays filled with the cheery buzz of interaction and connectivity.  

In Charles, I've found a man of character, strong values and a beautiful, tender heart who has renewed my belief in honest, real love, by keeping every one of the promises he has made to me from day one.  It is not uncommon for us to get caught up in philosophical discussions on a variety of subjects, sharing ideas and insights. He gently pushes me to be better and has helped me grow in countless ways.  He leads by example and treats both Marie and I with courtesy, chivalry and playfulness, while guarding our home, hearts and family with fierce protectiveness.

Marie has a warm and generous heart, helps me eat healthier and is a live-in sister/girlfriend with whom to indulge in clothes shopping, chick flicks and just plain silliness.  One of our favorite past times is making the boys of the household laugh with our nonsense.  We share a common bond in the fact that we are both in love with the same man, which means she is a valuable resource when I need advice on my own relationship with Charles.  Our unique situation gives the three of us the chance to act as a mediator for one another when dealing with our interpersonal relationships within the whole.  

A non-traditional relationship, yes, but in the simplest of terms, a loving family and strong support system. 

For a closer look at the members of our family, please visit the following link: Test Life, written by Charles.

More to Love. 

Rika


This video is a little racy, but it represents the spirit and playfulness of More when handled by generous, giving hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment